|Date Posted||April 5, 2019|
The PeopleSoft FS Functional Analyst at EZCORP serves as a primary resource for the ongoing support and enhancement of existing PeopleSoft 9.2 Financials modules including General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Asset Management (AM) and Cash Management (CM). The Functional Analyst servers as a primary knowledge resource for the PS FS system. This role works with business partners, vendors, developers and other IT teams to maintain and improve the overall effectiveness of the system at EZCORP. The functional analyst partners with business users in order to understand their needs and relate them to PeopleSoft functionalities in order to provide reliable solutions..
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop Business or Functional requirements, including providing design ideas for new functionality and documenting functional specifications
- Create and execute test scenarios and test scripts, including the creation of test data to validate that the application meets the identified requirements; and track results of testing and identify areas of improvement where required
- Develop and participate in a plan to migrate PeopleSoft to Cloud-based SaaS models
Critical and Essential Tasks:
- Analyze, troubleshoot application behaviors, including data related issues, to identify the root cause, document findings and propose recommendations on how to fix issues, including workarounds when required
- Collaborate with directors, project managers and project sponsors to identify potential system improvements and determine project scope and vision.
- Conduct interviews and product analysis to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Provide assistance to the developer and other team members to understand the design specifications
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirement specifications.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on findings.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or project teams.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications - verbally or through written documentation to directors, project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Recommend practices and procedures with an aim towards continuous improvement of the requirements process.
- Chart existing business processes in order to define current business activities for the development of procedures and models.
- Meet with decision makers, system owners, and end users to define business, financial and operational requirements and system goals.
- Prototype new procedures for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
- Prepare documentation where necessary, including training, process flows, system structure, etc.
- Participate in corporate projects as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the critical tasks listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the critical tasks.
- 3 - 5 years of experience with PeopleSoft 9.2 support and/or technical training. Financial Services industry experience preferred.
- In depth understanding of at least 2 of the following PeopleSoft 9.2 modules: GL, AP, AM or CM
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business and process modeling, system development methodology.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products
- Strong analytical skills, ability to reconcile initiatives with business strategies and goals, competence with common financial analysis techniques
- Demonstrated ability to create requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgment and take action.
- Demonstrated analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication, listening and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and accuracy in work; and time management and organizational skills
Education and Technical Training:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university in accounting, business administration, computer science, finance, or information systems.
- SQL experience preferred
- Project management experience a plus
- Experience with Cloud-based SaaS financial services a plus
EZCORP participates in the E-Verify Program (Department of Homeland Security) which electronically verifies the employment eligibility, identity, and Social Security number validity of all new hires and rehires.