|Location||Long Beach, CA|
|Date Posted||January 29, 2019|
Our client is currently seeking a PeopleSoft Developer - AWE in Long Beach, CA. Please send qualified resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Description of duties:
• Create and manage the strategy and technical exactitude for the implementation of Approval Workflow Engine (AWE) and Fluid application design.
• Work directly with technical analysts to develop and implement AWE, Fluid and modifications for the Oracle 9.2 upgrade
• Support technical development of the PeopleSoft HCM application using PeopleTools, PeopleCode, Web Services, Integration Broker, Application Designer, Application Messaging, Application Engine, complex SQR, etc.
• Mentor and assist Technical Developer/Analysts on development efforts, best practices and documentation.
• Lead and participate on project teams to implement new system functionality within the PeopleSoft HCM application.
• Analyze, design, code, and unit test application solutions from requirements using defined processes and procedures. Present analysis to management and other project teams.
• Document code changes throughout the development process.
• Provide estimates and timeframes for development work and deliverables.
• Deliver effective solutions on time and adhere to development and quality standards.
• Communicate and enforce best practice coding standards.
• Undertake special projects as directed including working with other subject matter experts (SME) teams to facilitate cross training and coverage of all application areas.
Required skills and experience:
• Minimum 3 years experience leading/supervising technical development teams, including strategic oversight
• Minimum 7-10 years of technical experience developing and supporting the PeopleSoft HCM application preferably Human Resources version 9.2 or higher and PeopleTools version 8.55 or higher.
• Proven advanced technical expertise within the Human Resources application, Absence Management module preferred. Development skills include expert proficiency with Integration Broker, PeopleTools, PeopleCode, Application Designer, Application Engine, Application Packages, Component Interfaces, Configuration Manager, SQL/SQR, XML Publisher. Preferred expertise with Web Services, PeopleSoft Update Manager (PUM) or Change Assistant.
• Proven recent technical end to end development on major projects and modifications. Proven ability to create new development unassisted based on functional specifications.
• Excellent application implementation lifecycle skills including experience with: translating business requirements into technical designs, contributing to fit/gap analysis, application configurations, and technical specifications.
• Creative problem solving / strategic thinking skills to improve processes and solve complex problems.
• Strong understanding of best practice coding techniques and testing skills.
• Excellent analytical skills, debugging techniques and root cause analysis skills.
• Excellent written and advanced verbal communication skills (including exceptional listening, mentoring and collaboration abilities).
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, take initiative, and work well under pressure.
• Must be flexible and able to work independently or in a team environment.
• Proficient knowledge of PeopleSoft rules-based processing is preferred.
• Desire and willingness to learn and implement new technology.