|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||April 5, 2018|
Job Description - PeopleSoft Developer
Reporting to the Director, PeopleSoft HR Application Development; the Sr. Developer will work with Functional and Development teams to develop application code, unit test and troubleshoot issues for PeopleSoft Human Resources application. The Sr. Developer will also work on the application's customized processes, reports and interfaces to determine what technical changes are required when developing new enhancements or troubleshooting operations related production issues.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and implements application changes within PeopleSoft to support the regular maintenance, compliance and periodic bundled updates for patches and fixes as needed.
- Works closely with the functional team to program, document, test, and implement new enhancements and modify programs and interfaces as needed.
- Communicates with the functional (HRIS, Finance), development and infrastructure teams as needed to resolve technical issues and implement program changes.
- Conducts impact analysis, application development and unit testing to ensure the quality of the Client systems application's current design and development standards.
- Works closely with the project managers, functional team members and system administration teams to design, develop, test and implement project related changes.
- Works in a technical capacity with a good understanding of Finance business processes, functionalities, relational databases and PeopleSoft table structure.
- Collaborates with HR and Finance PeopleSoft Development teams to provide analysis, design, development and testing support.
- Streamlines implementation and support of project related systems changes.
- Updates documentation and modifies impacted processes for database platforms when necessary.
- New process/code development; custom enhancements to existing code, application patches/fixes/upgrades.
- Data and/or process analysis; code documentation; performance tuning; enhancements.
- Creation and review of technical designs; unit testing; bundling/un-bundling of code using PeopleTools and Oracle.
- Weekend and off-hour work may be necessary on occasion.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR GRADE:
- Bachelor's degree required and/ or its equivalent required.
- Minimum 4-6 years' related experience.
ADDITIONAL POSITION-SPECIFIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4+ years' relevant work experience with PeopleSoft 9.x (v. 9.2 is plus) development experience with People Soft HR applications.
- Participated in a full lifecycle PeopleSoft HR or Finance implementation.
- 3-5 years' strong experience with PeopleSoft development tools and Oracle SQL.
- 3+ years' PeopleSoft development and integration experience with upgrades and patches.
- 3+ years' experience developing PeopleSoft interfaces into legacy and 3rd party systems.
- Strong knowledge of application development tools.
- Excellent knowledge of PeopleSoft HR Database model.
- Excellent understanding of a systems development life-cycle methodology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in using STAT or Phire (Version control software)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in a variety of competencies including teamwork/collaboration, analytical thinking, communication and influencing skills, and technical expertise.
- Ability to work with changing priorities and with multiple projects.
- Ability to be precise and attentive to detail is essential.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work weekend and off-hour work on occasion.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft Time and Labor and/or Absence Management modules.
- 4 years' experience participating in full lifecycle PeopleSoft implementations with recent experience (prior 2 years) using PeopleSoft HR and Peoplesoft Financials
- Experience working with PeopleSoft Implementations in a Higher Education or Public sector environment.
- Experience in supporting application release management or project roll-out or occasional operational processing during the non-business hours or weekends.