|Date Posted||August 9, 2017|
Duties for this position will include:
- Responsible for collaborating with the Functional Module Leads and working with the Technical Team, to ensure the industry best practices and unique business process needs of LCRA within PeopleSoft are facilitated efficiently. This includes system requirements gathering, requirement/design analysis, design and implementation of 9.2 functionality within the TL module;
- Evaluating existing customizations in 9.2 and the leveraging of PeopleSoft 9.2 improved functionality, including evaluation of different configurations and customizations for business process streamlining and automation, with minimal customizations;
- Responsible for identification, documentation, and reporting of project risks to Project Manager and Project Team to determine the appropriate response strategy;
- Leads the Time and Labor design sessions by assigning and monitoring tasks, prioritizing, and optimizing implementation tasks.
- Oversees and coordinates the functional subject matter experts (SME) in meetings between stakeholders, resources, senior managers to ensure overall completeness, accuracy and quality of the end product;
- Responsible for managing the Time and Labor functional design sessions, data conversion, test cycle development and execution schedule throughout the various phases of an IT project life cycle.
- Responsible for ensuring the Function Design Documents (FDD) and Interface Maps provided to the Technical Team is clearly understood prior to any development;
- Works with the technical team to define and test any potential customizations to the solution, including data conversions, reports, interfaces and functional enhancements of PeopleSoft FCM version 9.2;
- Possess PeopleSoft Version 9.2 expertise in the Time and Labor module, with a clear understanding of any integrations with the other modules (GL, AP, AM, eProcurement, Inventory, and Project Costing) their integration points.
- Leads the evaluation of existing PeopleSoft Time and Labor customizations and configuration against best practices for Utilities while streamlining business processes.
- Responsible for any modifications to security for Time and Labor including changes to user preference settings, separation of duties and the accessibility matrix.
- Evaluates the existing system configurations and customizations to determine a Keep/Drop customization list and an improved future configuration state where possible.
- Conducts Joint Application Design/Conference Room Pilot requirement sessions with management, staff and consultants, while assuring that accurate and complete documentation is collected and retained as part of the project archive;
- Responsible for ensuring consistent use of standardized processes and forms to manage project documentation, including but not limited to, Functional Design Documents, Key Design Decisions, Change Controls, Risk Registers, Scope Documentation, Configuration Documentation, Business Process Flows and other project documents as needed;
- Works with the training group and functional module lead to ensure accurate design of training materials before they are presented;
- Responsible for ensuring Fit/Gap analysis is accurately documented in the Requirements Traceability Matrix by the Project Team;
- Takes a lead role in the overall creation of the Time and Labor related project delivery and milestones with LCRA SME/Business Owners and Project Team;
- Works with LCRA Enterprise Financial Operations Re-engineering (EFOR) project PM and Team Leads to mitigate risks and resolve issues throughout implementation as needed;
- Completes tasks in an efficient and timely manner while keeping project stakeholders informed;
- Provides various administrative services and reports necessary to control the project budget, schedule, scope and quality.
The worker should have extensive experience within PeopleSoft Baseline version 9.2 Functionality and Configuration Capabilities. The worker should have a history of success leading functional teams for PeopleSoft Implementations using project management best practices.
Other Special Requirements (Optional): All entities replying to this request must be able pass an LCRA background check. In addition, all entities must sign a Confidentiality Agreement for any and all data not available to the general public as a condition of employment.
Terms and Conditions: This position is subject to funding.
II. WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Experience as a PeopleSoft Time and Labor Module lead for multiple large PeopleSoft projects.
Experience in designing, creating, and overseeing large complex high availability PeopleSoft Financials.
Experience managing ERP Development Lifecycles.
Experience performing PeopleSoft System Test, Integration Test, and User Acceptance Test.
Experience with developing PeopleSoft upgrade paths.
Experience conducting design sessions with subject matter experts and business process owners to meet business requirements with minimal customizations.
Experience with Microsoft Suite (Projects, Visio, Excel, Word, Power Point).
Proven project team building skills and coordination across multiple modules.
Experience writing detailed Functional Design Documents (FDDs), Configuration Documentation, and Process Re-engineering.
Ability to alter project design direction based on business need or Executive direction.
Experience in IT project planning, research, analysis and development including RICEFW Functionality Management.
Experience writing and reviewing detailed test scripts for System, Integration, and User Acceptance Test Phases.
Experience with configuration documentation and review in PeopleSoft 9.2 (Maximo 7.5 or higher experience a plus).
Experience teaming with business owners and technical staff in a complex, large scale PeopleSoft environment.
Experience with PeopleSoft version 9.2 and People Tools 8.53 (Maximo 7.5 or similar experience helpful but not required).
Experience with 9.2 based PeopleSoft environment with multiple integrations to and from the Time and Labor module.
Communication, analytical and interpersonal skills at all levels of an organization.
Experience coordinating Time and Labor module and project team tasks in a PeopleSoft 9.2 implementation.
Experience in coordinating functional module leads through a PeopleSoft Implementation or Upgrade.
Public sector experience with a Utility or Energy Based company.
Understanding of computer related tools, methods, platforms and operating systems.
Experience with all aspects of Documentation, Planning, Design, Build, Test, and Deploy Phases within other PeopleSoft Modules (A/P, A/R, AM, PO, eProcurement, Project Costing, and Inventory) a plus.
Experience with all aspects of Documentation, Planning, Design, Build, Test, and Deploy Phases. Experience with Maximo Software.
Ability to set and meet functional team deadlines while maintaining an even disposition under pressure
Experience working through development of Interfaces with Technical Team through design, build and test
Good teamwork skills, ability to collaborate with other functional and technical staff on the project.
Strong interpersonal skill and the ability to collaborate effectively on diverse teams
III. TERM OF SERVICE
Services shall begin in August 2017 and shall be completed by December 2018. The duration is expected to be roughly 16 months, 2600 hours. This service may be amended, renewed and/or extended providing LCRA and Vendor agree in writing to do so.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.