|Date Posted||November 5, 2017|
Requisition # 2017-8016
Category Information Technology
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Department Administrative Info Services
Date Posted 10 hours ago
Princeton University's Office of Information Technology is seeking a senior developer/analyst to serve as a technical subject matter expert for the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions module. In this role, the developer/analyst analyzes customer needs and requests, suggests solutions within the PeopleSoft environment, estimates the required effort, and implements the solution. In the event of an operational application issue, the developer/analyst troubleshoots the issue and implements the appropriate solution. The developer/analyst also researches, develops, modifies and supports customizations and interfaces between new and existing systems-both internal and external to Princeton.
The senior developer/analyst works under the general supervision of the Manager of ERP Campus Solutions and OIT senior staff.
- Analyzes customer needs and requests and recommends, designs, and develops appropriate customizations and bolt-on solutions within the PS environment
- Works with senior managers to identify and solve functional issues, design solutions, develop conceptual models, and translate functional requirements into technical requirements
- Develops a deep understanding of customer business processes
- Continually researches new functionality and technologies that can enhance customer business processes and solve business needs
- Designs and develops interfaces between new and existing systems, both internal and external to Princeton
- Troubleshoots operational and application issues and implements appropriate solutions
- Follows established change management processes to migrate changes to production environments
- Applies delivered PUM images
- Mentors and trains ERP colleagues in the use of new technologies
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a PeopleSoft developer/analyst, which includes direct experience conducting business analysis with technical and non-technical staff
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a developer/analyst supporting PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, mainly Student Records, Admissions, and Campus Community
- In-depth knowledge of the PeopleSoft architectural environment
- In-depth experience developing in PeopleTools, including Application Designer, Application Engine, PeopleCode, and Application Packages
- In-depth knowledge of debugging and tracing PS sessions
- Working knowledge of Integration Broker technologies, web services, PeopleSoft Update Manager (PUM) and BI Publisher
- Working knowledge of Fluid development
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft security and an understanding of security considerations
- Working knowledge of SQR and SQL and the ability to optimize SQL statements
- Knowledge of Elastic Search and AWE
- Knowledge of Work Centers and Activity Guides
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to partner with and facilitate specification development sessions with customers
- Ability to multi-task between projects and applications and to manage multiple priorities, while meeting deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills and the ability to communicate effectively with customers having varied levels of technical proficiency
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team, as well as independently
- Ability to adapt to change, keep abreast of technology trends, and learn new skills and technologies
- Experience in PeopleSoft Student Financials
- Knowledge of scheduling software (PeopleSoft Process Scheduler, TWS)
- Familiarity with Stress Test tools
- Familiarity with COBOL
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and XML
Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us!
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.