|Date Posted||January 10, 2018|
The PeopleSoft Application Lead at EZCORP serves as a primary resource for the ongoing support and enhancement of existing PeopleSoft 9.2 System including both the Financials and Human Capital Management. The Application Lead works directly with business partners to define and prioritize defects and enhancements in the PeopleSoft application suite. The Application Lead provides guidance and direction to the Functional Analysts in order to effectively manage and enhance the PeopleSoft environment in accordance with business partner and corporate priorities.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with business partners and project managers to properly prioritized efforts in accordance with business and corporate objectives
- Prepare functional requirements, process flow diagrams and training documents as needed
- Review test scenarios and test scripts to ensure that solutions are properly validated before delivery to the business partners
- Develop and participate in a plan to migrate PeopleSoft to Cloud-based SaaS models
Critical and Essential Tasks:
- Collaborate with directors, project managers and project sponsors to identify potential system improvements and determine project scope, vision and priority.
- Provide guidance to Functional Analysts in the development of Business or Functional requirements, including providing design ideas for new functionality and documenting functional specifications
- Analyze and troubleshoot application behaviors, including data related issues, to identify the root cause, document findings and propose recommendations on how to fix issues, including workarounds when required
- Review requirement, training and testing documents prepared by Functional Analysts and provide feedback and guidance.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Chart existing business processes in order to define current business activities for the development of procedures and models.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Provide assistance to the developer and other team members to understand the design specifications
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications - verbally or through written documentation to directors, project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
- Participate in corporate projects as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the critical tasks listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the critical tasks.
- 6 - 8 years of experience with PeopleSoft 9.2 support and/or technical training. Financial Services industry experience preferred.
- Must have FIN 9.X experience (GL, AP, FA, Cash Mgt)
- In depth understanding of at least 2 modules from both the PeopleSoft FSCM and HCM Modules.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business and process modeling, system development methodology.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products
- Strong analytical skills, ability to reconcile initiatives with business strategies and goals, competence with common financial analysis techniques
- Demonstrated ability to create and review requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgment and take action.
- Demonstrated analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication, listening and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and accuracy in work; and time management and organizational skills
Education and Technical Training:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university in accounting, business administration, computer science, finance, or information systems.
- SQL experience preferred