|Location||Green Bay, WI|
|Date Posted||December 5, 2017|
Job order # 601730
LOCATION: Green Bay
STANDARD HOURS: 40 hours per week. Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY*: $79,538 per year
*Current benefit eligible employees will be placed within the pay range based on their current rate/range.
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI ***Social Security Number Removed***. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
The PeopleSoft Application Developer will build software solutions for one or more application platforms at the College. System maintenance and monitoring is necessary, which requires evening and weekend work as needed. The position will be part of the Enterprise Applications team, which is responsible for all PeopleSoft environments at the College, the Website and Intranet, the Data Warehouse, and other systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
· Support and customize enterprise wide PeopleSoft systems including Campus Solutions, Financials and Human Resources.
· Build and maintain integrations between PeopleSoft enterprise systems and desperate applications located on premise and in the cloud.
· Analyze, build, implement, upgrade, and provide production support for custom applications and processes related to NWTC business processes.
· Analyze current operational procedures, identify problems and learn about specific requirements
· Provide technical support to all staff and end users in the proper use of application systems and related products
· Work with clients to design new and improve existing procedures in support of operations
· Write detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop/modify the applications.
· Maintain communications and positive relations between users and staff; may participate and represent at meetings pertaining to the delivery of departmental services and computing initiatives
· Complete the fit gap Analysis with vendor supplied software packages and complete the implementation to meet current and projected needs
· Identify opportunities for the application of computing and communication technologies for staff
· Assist other developers in resolution of work problems related to project specifications or programming.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
· Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College’s values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
· Student Success – Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
· Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, socio-economic background, or job type.
· Accountability - accept responsibility and account for actions of self.
· Accuracy - perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Active Listening - actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
· Customer Oriented - take care of the customers’ needs while following College procedures.
· Creative – think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea
· Organized –follow a systematic method of performing a task.
· Problem Solving – find a solution for or to deal proactively with work related problems
· Technical Aptitude – comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
Experience: Must have experience in: (3 years experience preferred)
· Working with PeopleSoft enterprise systems such as Campus Solutions, Human Resources or Financials
· Developing with PeopleTools that include App Designer, App Engines, App Packages, BI Publisher, nVisions, Fluid and Component Interfaces and Integration Broker
· Programming with software languages such as PeopleCode, SQR, COBOL, SQL and XML
· Interfacing desperate systems within a common integration layer such as web services
· Understanding and adhering to the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
· Securing effort with source code management tools
**An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.