|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
|Date Posted||March 1, 2018|
One of the largest universities in the country, our client is an urban, comprehensive university that delivers award-winning undergraduate and graduate programs to nearly 40,000 students annually and counts more than 330,000 alumni.
At this time, this client is seeking a PeopleSoft Analyst / Developer to provide guidance, project management, analysis, high level technical support and consultation to the managers and staff of the administrative departments that utilize Financial Aid, Admissions, and other student applications.
The PeopleSoft Analyst / Dev will:
- Work in consultation with administrative department managers and staff to recommend changes to business processes to make more effective and efficient use of Oracle PeopleSoft Campus Solutions modules
- Develop detailed project plans for the implementation of upgrades and enhancements
- Prepare or approve detailed specifications for approved modifications
- Review and evaluate testing results for completeness and accuracy
- Manage the System Development Life Cycle of modifications and enhancements to the Financial Aid and Admissions Systems
- Develop modifications and new functionality utilizing but not limited to PeopleSoft Toolset
- Develop, document, and execute test strategies and test plans
- Review user documentation produced in support of the Financial Aid and Admissions applications
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field
- Certification training and applied experience may be substituted for the required education, on a year-for-year basis up to two years
- 3+ years of full time experience with programming in PeopleTools, PeopleCode, Application Engine, SQR, and Query
- Thorough knowledge of programming and testing methods and techniques for software applications
- Knowledge of general analytical methods and techniques, as well as specific detailed knowledge and experience with the Oracle PeopleSoft Financial Aid and Admissions modules
- Thorough knowledge of PC / MAC based web browsers and related tools
- Ability and specialized skills to:
- Analyze problems
- Propose effective solutions
- Understand functional and procedural requirements
- Analyze problems and propose effective solutions
- Understand functional and procedural requirements and develop alternative solutions
- Relate solutions to management, technical staff, and users
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Make presentations
- Conduct meetings
- Provide user training
- Prepare programming and user documentation
- Good communication skills needed for meetings and other discussions with end users to gather and synthesize requirements.
Hours: Full Time; 40 hours per week; 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday; will include some evenings and weekends.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, arrest, and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. This includes the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance as well as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **eXcell™ Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** eXcell™, a division of CompuCom® Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit www.excell.com.