|Location||San Ramon, CA|
|Date Posted||October 27, 2018|
Robert Half is seeking a PeopleSoft System Administrator who will work as a member of the SAM team (sys admin migrator team)responsible for the deployment and support of PeopleSoft 9.0 Financials and HCM environments. Primary responsibilities include: installing and refreshing production and non-production environments and issue resolution in these environments raised by application and testing teams. Secondary responsibilities include: coordinating migration of customizations, updates, and bug fixes across PeopleSoft instances and user security maintenance. You will also analyze, design, builds, configure, validate, maintain and troubleshoot existing and new application environments. Evaluates software and hardware products as needed. Completes ORD, disaster recovery, configuration, validation and other documentation as needed.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively maintains environments to ensure maximum up time.
- Proactively monitors application availability and performance.
- Troubleshoots complex environment issues and recommends/performs mitigation steps.
- Oversees Health Checks.
- 24/7 on call for environment issues including planned and unplanned outages.
- Performs software upgrades.
- Reviews vulnerability risks and uses technical expertise and research results to recommend mitigations to risks on infrastructure and application software. Performs technical follow up with vendors as needed to remediate risks.
- Applies patches to Windows and Linux servers coordinating with other IT teams
- Patch software and applications as needed.
- Documents environment architecture, setup, and maintenance including for failover, disaster recovery, etc.
- Maintains documentation on all licensed software used by the team and coordinates annual audit activities.
- Refreshes current environments and creates new scripts as needed.
- Provides technical expertise to identify, troubleshoot, resolve and communicate basic to medium complex environment related issues for the Web, Application, Batch, File and Database servers.
- Plans/designs, installs, and configures application environments using new designs.
- Creates scripts medium to large in complexity to automate application and infrastructure builds within our data center and in the cloud.
- Designs large and complex infrastructure systems requiring considerable judgement and design experience.
- Performs design reviews for lower level staff designs and provides feedback and design support.
- Researches, evaluates, creates POC for new software and hardware selections and contributes to recommendation.
- Architects and sizes environments.
- Designs integration with other applications.
- Contributes to design documentation library and oversees documents created by lower staff.
- Technically mentors and trains DevOps Eng I and II.
- Provides technical direction and strategy on: Basic to medium complex environment setup, complex environment maintenance, basic to medium complex application and environment troubleshooting, basic application integration setup
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years administering Windows, Linux and Solaris servers and/or in software development.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with VMWare or comparable virtual technology.
- Intermediate to advanced experience working in IT in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated and applied experience with installation, configuration and maintenance of Server and Computer Systems.
- Demonstrated and applied experience with integration of related technology with business and computer systems.
- Expert in use of operating systems, servers and clients.
- Demonstrated and applied experience with installing, configuring and maintenance of environments in Amazon, Microsoft and/or IBM hosted solutions.
- Demonstrated and applied experience with cloud templates, infrastructure/application scripting, and operationalizing applications in the cloud (HA, DR, Backup/Recovery, Security, etc).
- Microsoft Certified on Windows Server 2008 and 2012 preferred.
- Experience defining and deploying monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS.
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform.
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes.
- 5+ years experience with PeopleTools 9.x/8.4x and PeopleSoft Internet Architecture and supporting PeopleSoft Financials and HCM modules (ver 8.4 or later).
- 5+ years experience with PeopleSoft Integration Broker, Upgrade Assistant and Change Assistant tools.
- Coordinates with various teams to ensure quality code migrations.
- Configures code migration tools.
- Manages and migrates production security.
- Exercise sound judgment when managing workload.
- Must be able to troubleshoot issues standard and non-standard issues.
- Superior written and verbal skills. Comfortable working with individual contributors and presenting to executive level staff.
- Must be able to work on a computer and attend meetings for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrated ability to work well at all levels of the organization with both engineering and non-engineering personnel.
- Strong communication skills at all levels of the organization, both oral and written.
- Proven track record of exercising good judgment and track record of effective delivery.
- Proven ability to collaborate and solid track record of excellent customer service.
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California corporate office. We are Robert Half - Take a look!
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP