|Date Posted||June 10, 2017|
Business Analyst (Peoplesoft HCM)
Kelly IT Resources had teamed up with a local University to find their next Peoplesoft Business Analyst. We are looking for a candidate experienced with analyzing current or legacy system reporting requirements and creating new reporting to meet the needs. Consultant must have experience efficiently and effectively analyzing the current reports and determining how they might be consolidated into fewer reports, and identifying where a current report is run to provide.
This a project to implement a single payroll, benefits, human resources and academic personnel solution for all employees. The project involves closing down each locations standalone system and converting to a single instance of PeopleSoft HCM managed through a shared services center at a remote site. The Business Analyst will be well versed on identifying and documenting business needs that must be met as project is implemented, including changes to business processes and creating or updating our Future State Process Designs, gathering requirements for systems and technology changes, reporting requirements, supporting organizational change, and coordinating with multiple team members working on the project.
The primary area of focus for this position will be the successful identification, design, development coordination, and testing of reporting requirements on the project utilizing data provided to our local Operational Data Store (ODS) and reporting data warehouse.
The successful candidate will have experience implementing PeopleSoft HCM in a project role as a business analyst, and be able to demonstrate an understanding of how PeopleSoft works, the tables and data that supports the functionality, and be able to discuss specific work contributions that demonstrate that experience and knowledge.
- Gain familiarity with the project through reading our Future State Process Design (FSPD) documentation, Functional Design Documents, and other appropriate documents, as well as working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and/or other team members to understand the project.
- Work with cross-functional teams, SMEs and/or campus users of the legacy system to identify reporting requirements, and document detail requirements including data mapping and other necessary report options, filters, sequence, calculations, access security, etc.
- Conduct effective facilitation of user forums and design sessions necessary to the successful identification and implementation of campus reporting needs for all stakeholders.
- Work with Cognos and other developers as necessary to design reporting solutions that meet the requirements and obtain all necessary approvals to move forward.
- Work with Cognos and other developers to convert legacy reports based on Business Intelligence Objects (BI) to Cognos BI or other solutions as needed.
- Participate and coordinate testing activities with team members and end-users that validate the requirements have been met, and result in end-user acceptance.
- Develop a set of actionable and measurable project tasks that can be incorporated into our master project plan and track to the plan.
- Work with other team members to understand and assist in the mapping of data to assist users and developers alike to understand the data to be used in reporting.
- Prepare and present reporting project strategy and progress to campus groups as needed.
- Provide time and status reporting against project tasks in the project plan on a weekly basis.
- Work with project team Subject Matter Experts to understand and document the reporting needs in conjunction with the FSPD documentation.
Skill, Knowledge and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three to five years’ experience in implementing Enterprise HCM software projects.
- Self-directed worker who performs duties with low to moderate supervision.
- Demonstrates superior analytical problem-solving, design and documentation skills. Working knowledge of software application integrations and interfaces to other systems.
- Experience providing requirements to meet reporting needs from newly implemented Enterprise HCM systems including HR, payroll, and benefits reporting.
- Experience with projects that sit across technology and other areas of the business, and involved the adoption of associated business process changes that improved the overall efficiency of the organization.
- Experience evaluating issues and developing recommendations that support courses of action.
- Experience and skills to make group presentations and motivate diverse audiences.
- Strong interviewing and listening skills with a demonstrated ability to lead communication working with individuals and groups about their needs and to ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and using SharePoint.
- Strong knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM processes, function, tables, and data in one or more of the following disciplines: HR, payroll, or benefit administration.
- Familiarity public university payroll, academic personnel, and human resources policies and procedures.
- Professional experience working in diverse postsecondary academic institution or other environment of similar complexity.
- Entry level knowledge of SQL.
If this describes you, please apply today!!
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 9,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 10,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.