|Date Posted||August 9, 2018|
Position: PeopleSoft Functional Analyst
Duration: 6 Months (Possible Ext or FTE)
Location: Seattle WA
The Financial Management System (FMS) Analyst II will assist in designing solutions within the Financial Management Systems, evaluate and support upgrades & enhancements and act as a liaison between the finance business users and the IT technical team to resolve issues and implement change. The Analyst will align with a specific Finance area (Procure to Pay, Grants Management, Accounting, Financial Planning/Analysis or Business Intelligence) to deliver targeted enhancements in a suite of financial applications. The Analyst will take the lead in supporting production users of the Financial Management Systems, which may include PeopleSoft, Hyperion, Onbase, SciQuest, Huron Grants (formerly Click), and/or Web Focus. Successful candidates possess natural curiosity, the ability to gain new skills quickly, and flexibility & enthusiasm for taking on new challenges.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience (2-4 years) for the suite of applications that support a specific functional area:
- Procure to Pay: PeopleSoft (PO, AP), Onbase Content Management, Sci Quest
- Grants Management: PeopleSoft (GM, PC, CA), Click Commerce
- Accounting: PeopleSoft (GL, AM, AR, BI)
- FP&A: Hyperion (Budgeting/Planning)
- Business Intelligence: WebFocus
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- Experience in designing and leading requirements discovery sessions including use of interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, business process modeling, and workflow analysis.
- Strong organizational skills (multi-tasking) and a self-motivator.
- Experience with SQL, ETL, database design and SDLC concepts.
- Strong verbal and written communication and customer service skills
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform troubleshooting and support in one of Finance’s core functional areas (Grant Management, Procure to Pay, Record to Report or Planning and Analysis)
- This role may back up the FMS Support Analyst providing tier 1 customer support, as necessary
- Provide detailed support in a suite of applications/functionalities supporting the core functional area (PeopleSoft, OnBase, SciQuest, Hyperion, Labor Cost Distribution, and Business Intelligence)
- Serve as a liaison between FMS staff, end users, subject matter experts and technical support related to issue resolution. Document and communicate problem resolution
- Help create and maintain documentation related to business process flows (as it relates to system functionality)
- Own the “life cycle” of an issue from identification/logging, research, workaround/fix and communication with end user
- Gather and document business requirements and create functional specifications
- Create and maintain Test Plans and Test Scripts. Execute testing and track results
- Assist in the evaluation, conceptualization, design, and development of new capabilities with the Financial Management Systems
- Assist in the creation of Test Plans. Create & maintain detailed test scripts Execute testing and track results
- Create and deliver end user Training
- Support the planning related to resources, capabilities, and capacity to meet existing and new demands
- Provide support in development of project plans, estimation of work, and creation of project timelines
- Assist senior resources in project related tasks, as needed
Volt has over 60 years of staffing experience. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions. We offer many direct hire full-time positions as well as many contingent/temporary positions. We offer our workers competitive pay and benefits, as well as educational programs and redeployment assistance.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer