|Location||Golden Valley, MN|
|Date Posted||January 6, 2018|
Transform health care and change the way consumers engage with technology.
Sounds like a big challenge, right? Here, at Optum, you have the opportunity to achieve great things while you showcase your passion and technical expertise as a Sr. PeopleSoft Applications Developer. You'll be inspired by working alongside some of the most brilliant minds in technology who bring compassion, energy and focus to their work every day on a mission to change health care as we know it. Join us! Come share who you are and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As part of our development team, you will predominantly be involved in building business solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. You'll stretch your skills and grow your careers as a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with the established specifications and business requirements in order to deliver business value.
- Triage solutions to meet business requirements
- Monitor the environment health and recommend/drive improvements to enhance availability and performance
- Execute processes and activities that focus on restoring service after an incident occurs
- Create and drive permanent solutions and improvements after root cause is identified
- Identify and remediate failed batch and real - time processing events
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other team members
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of issues, including business and technical analysis, troubleshooting, analyzing, root cause and engaging appropriate SME’s as needed to drive incident and problem management
- Identify opportunities for automation and operational efficiencies
- Ensure support readiness prior to the deployment of any change to the production environment
- Customer service orientation is critical
- Collaborate on a daily basis with internal business partners, engineering teams and other technology professionals
- Create and Share technical knowledge documentation
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of functional and technical experience in PeopleSoft applications, PeopleSoft 9.1 and 8.5x tools or higher
- 2+ years of experience working in PeopleSoft modules - PeopleSoft Financial (FMS / FSCM) - Customer Contracts, Project Costing, Billing, AR (Accounts Receivables), GL (General Ledger)
- 2+ years of hands on experience in Oracle 10g/11g, and MS SQL SERVER
- 1+ years of experience in in Application Designer, Application Packages, People Code, Application Engine, Workflow, Approval Workflow Engine (AWE)
- 1+ years of experience in XML Publisher reporting, Component Interface, iScripts, Integration Broker, File Layout, Security, Process Scheduler, Data Mover and PS Query tool
If you're the kind of thinker and leader who wants to bring your contribution to a new level every day, consider Optum. You'll discover an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: peoplesoft, Oracle, applications developer, MN